Cannot get my system to boot at all. "Writing Segment Heap...Done" & "Preparing automatic repair"

• Thread starter concerned_windows_user
  • Start date
C

concerned_windows_user

Hello,

A few nights ago I turned on my desktop. The computer was on for several minutes, but it was not displaying anything on my monitor. I checked the connection between the two, unplugged and replugged the HDMI chords, but nothing worked. So I held the power button until my system turned off. Now every time I turn on my computer it says:

"The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.

Reconstructing Cache Metadata.

Please do not interrupt this process.

Reading Packed Metadata into memory...Done

Processing Delta Log record.....................0

Writing updated Packed Metadata...........Done

Creating the Segment/Index Pairs............100%

Total number of Segment/Index Pairs.......3126944

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 1.......100%

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 2.......100%

Writing sorted Segment/Index Pairs..........Done

Total Heap Size..........................................12216

Writing Segment Heap...............................Done"

I have left it alone for several hours at a time and nothing happens. The spinning circle at the bottom is there acting like it's loading but it never does anything. Sometimes it also says "Preparing automatic repair". I have let that run for several hours and nothing has come of that either.

I have searched the internet and the Microsoft forums for solutions and have tried several of them but I cannot get any of them to work. I can't get to the login screen which several suggestions required. The first thing I tried was to start the Windows Recovery Environment. That has never loaded no matter what methods I attempt to get it to work. I have a Windows 10 Installation Media USB that I made with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Whenever I select to boot from my USB from the "Boot Options" menu it only shows the spinning circle for a few minutes and then shows the long message from above and preparing automatic repair.

At this point I don't really know what else to try. I've been working on this for 5 days and have not been able to find any solutions that worked for me. Any help or suggestions would be amazing because I'm losing my mind here.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom