Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update (Last August 2019) !

T

TAGSTER 287

Hello there !

I'm hoping someone can help me with this very particular problem.

So last August (2019), I updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, but then was met with a strange occurance.

I loaded up my desktop and it was empty, yet my background was still there. I realized shortly after that my files were kept under User>"MyName". So logically I just moved everything back into a NEW order. I then left my computer for a few days, and then I was shocked to find this when I returned:

-My OLD desktop order of files was back !

-My background was just black ?!

-And every single file (decades of photos, important files, game saves, etc.) that I had moved previously back into their respective places (after I thought the update actually happened) were GONE !!!

I have tried contacting Support but they were of no help. Either they didn't understand my problem, or they told me nothing could be done..

I have since tried countless methods (checking bin, etc.). Most notably going into my "Local Disk (C:)" to try and find the old files, but I was met with 4 TEMP files (labeled: TEMP MyPC 000.000.001, and so on) that contained a bunch of stuff (which I have no idea what they are or what they are for) but not my files. Also tried restoring older versions of my current files, but no older file versions are possible. And even PC altogether but the system doesn't seem to think that I owned a previous version of Windows on this PC aside from 7 (not even 8 ?). Only the version since after this incident seems to be available. I also found a "Window.old(1)" file but it dated of 2017...so of no help.

So I have attempted numerous times to restore/recover my old files to no avail. And now I find myself in a dire situation where I am in need of an old important file for something that was relevant to my work earlier this year that now has come back into actuality (family member medical report).

If somebody, anybody, has an idea, suggestion or advise as to what I can do please reply to this message as soon as possible ! Thank you ahead of time for your response and have a nice day !!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom