Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro that you have purchased with your notebook ...

G

gmt3010

Greetings:

I have been stressing over this for weeks. I have an older notebook but one I like and will work fine until I can afford another I like. It has windows 7 pro, 64 bit. I have read on a number of PC sites that one can still upgrade to windows 10 for free -- if you have the license code for windows 7.

I have been searching all my computer stuff, and have found license codes for my Word programs. I have to still look on the box I think I still have when I bought this notebook, but I do have the HP installation disk they sent with my notebook. It doesn't have any license code or any number that might be what one puts in.

Can anyone help me know what I will need? If you buy a notebook with windows already installed, you still PAID FOR that version of windows. I had to buy all the software separately and paid for that too, and it wasn't cheap.

I don't want a clean reinstall, just an upgrade that will do as little disturbance as possible. I would just rather see no change other than windows 10 on it if that were possible.

I hope to do this on the windows site because there are so many website selling new versions of windows 10, for really cheap, too and I have no idea what I might get. I just want upgrade; no I didn't do it two years ago as I like windows 7 a lot.

Can anyone help me make this as less traumatic as possible: will I be able to upgrade without messing anything up and is there anywhere on my notebook I can find the license code? When I look at HP assistant, it has everything that came with this notebook including that i have windows 7 pro 64 bit but it doesn't list any license number next to it.

I am sure I have the box this came in as I read this is where you can find the windows license code. I hope that is the case.

Thanks so much in advance,

Gina T.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom