BUG - Windows 10 lock screen (Spotlight) unlocks without even entering a password when auto locking

P

_____Phil_____

Hello,

This is a SERIOUS security issue with Windows 10, so I hope someone will take it seriously. I did not find any way of reporting a bug to Windows other than with the Feedback tool, which I don't use because I don't want to link my computer to a Windows account.

PROBLEM:

• Since a few weeks, when my computer (laptop) locks from inactivity, the Spotlight screen takes over, like it always did. However, a simple click of the mouse or pressing enter will remove the Spotlight screen (goes up like a blind) without even having to enter my password.
  • The box to enter the password is really there, ready to receive my password, but as soon as I click or hit enter, computer unlocks without even a password.
  • This does not happen if I manually lock the computer or if I boot or come out of sleep.
  • The screen saver is set to "ask password on resume".
  • Everything else is like it always was and it used to work just like expected.
  • I inspired myself of the post here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-automatically-unlocks-with-a-password-set/df719d7f-3a6e-4722-a0bd-5851d6e4152d to do a bit of troubleshooting and I am pretty sure all my settings are ok.

This is EXTREMELY SERIOUS Microsoft... Computer is supposed to be locked and protected by password and it unlocks without even entering a password... How worse can it go....

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom