Error trying to update windows 10 1803 to 1903 0r 1909 ERRORS 0xC1900101-0x30018 AND 0x80240034

A

ANDREA_Photo

Been trying to update windows 10 1803. My windows update function keeps coming up error trying to install for the last 3 months.

Today I tried many new things via this forum:

first I did a troubleshoot downloading the Dell Support Assistant.

Completely scanned computer, updated all drivers, scanned all hardware, cleaned all files and checked disc. have Dell inspiron 11-3147

had different error codes during all the previous installs. the first error codes were 0xc1900101 listed next to the update history after 3 failed installs 8/26, 11/7 and 12/10/2019.

I disabled my Norton, closed all programs and disconnected all peripherals accept for the mouse. Ran all the troubleshoots and no issues

Next I downloaded the most recent version of windows 10 update assistantI updated the computer. I ran through all the paces. It looked like it was updating. Took almost an hour to go through everything.

It finally finished, my sign on screen came on and it stated that the updated failed and it reverted back to 1803.

Next I went to Microsoft download center and ran the media creation tool.

I then upgraded the PC now. Same thing as above.

When the reboot was complete the error that came up was 0xC1900101-0x30018 Failed in First_Boot Phase with error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE OPERATION

Next I went into settings and tried to update from there. Thinking now I had a more recent download of the upgrade. I got a different error code this time in my update history:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 (3)

Last failed install attempt on ‎1/‎16/‎2020 - 0x80240034

I then searched this error code in the community and all the responses were things I had already tried accept for the command prompt. I feel uncomfortable messing with that.

I watched so many videos, read so many Microsoft links, I am going cross eyed and I think I am beginning to repeat the same things.

One moderator requested sending the following installation logs:

The Panther logs. Files named Setupact.log and Setuperr.log from the following path C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

The Rollback logs: These usually are created if Windows Update rolls back. Files named Setupact.log and Setuperr.log from the following path C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback

[Only if the error code is 0xC1900101-0x30018] The Device Install Log from C:/$Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupapi\setupapi.dev.log

I have copied those logs. I set up an account on mediafire.com.

I put these files into a folder on media fire, and as suggested here is the link MediaFire

Please advise what I should do.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom