The New Microsoft Edge Profile-1 password maze

J

JetGardner

Can't afford to replace 2005 HP desktop which is still working perfectly. Came with XP, upgraded to win7, can't be upgraded to win10

Note the Questions at the end of this that need answered...

Details:

When I go into Edge Beta's "about" section, it won't update the browser, so I rooted around and downloaded the new Edge thinking it'd keep my settings/favorites etc and install it over the beta.

Both the Beta version and the final Edge version both work... independently of each other

- When I logged on to Edge the ad blocker was missing along with all my favorites

- Went into my win7 user Microsoft folder and discovered I now have both Edge and Edge beta folder which meant that instead of installing over/replacing Edge Beta, it created another one.

- I couldn't find my Profile 1 folder in the Edge, so I copied it from the Beta user folder ...which didn't work. It's there but not effecting Edge.

Edge is asking me for my account/password so I can sync the two, but as with Beta, I was never asked for one and apparently don't have one. I resorted to going to Control Panel/Manage your credentials/ and it says there are no windows credentials, so the saved passwords from Beta didn't transfer to Edge.

In both Beta and Edge when I click on "my account", it asks for a password I don't have - When installing both I wasn't asked to create or maintain a password, which means I'm shut out of my own account on both. When creating a new one, it's the same problem

----------------------------

Question: Where is Profile 1 stored on Win7 for Edge? I found it in the user folder for Beta, but can't locate it in Edge (new)

Question: If I succeed in dragging and dropping my old favorites from Beta to Edge, how do I recover the adblock plus that seemed to come with Beta but not Edge? ...even though the new Edge folder has an Ad Blocking sub folder???

Question: How can I create password or account without a password that I was never asked to create???

Question: If I finally figure out how to set up Edge without the password, should I delete the Beta folder? Vice versa if I can't figure out this problem, should I delete the Edge folder?

----------------------------

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom