How to make Eudora 7 my default email app

B

bornival

Hi,

I 'm using Eudora 7 as a mail client and for well-founded reasons do not wish to change that.

I often times need to open it from a web site when clicking on a link (for which the underlying code is "mailto:<adresse@mail-service>" where <adresse@mail-service> is the e-mail address my message should go to.

The problem with Windows 10 is that Eudora never appears as program that could be selected as default app for mail or as the program that could be selected for the mailto: protocol. It worked fine with Windows 7.

How can we make Windows 10 be able select Eudora as default mail client and to handle the mailto: protocol ?

I guess this probably requires some registry tweaking but I do not see which keys should be changed... I tried to identify the necessary keys by installing Thunderbird, selecting it as the handler of mailto protocol. and then looking at all keys where Thunderbird appears as a handler of the mailto protocol (For instance, the key

· Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Thunderbird.Url.mailto\shell\open\command will read "

· "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe” -osint -compose "%1" …

and could be replaced by

"C:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe" -osint -compose "%1"

Any suggestions ?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom