Is it safe to install & use Windows Speech Recognition Macros from 2009 with Windows 10?

D

dave-u

Hi there,

I am a disabled PC user who is heavily reliant on voice recognition and foot pedals and a foot mouse to use my PC. For voice recognition I primarily use Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

I generally can't play computer games but I would like to. Recently I came across this blog post which implies I might be able to play the computer game XCOM: Enemy Unknown using Windows Speech Recognition, here is the link: http://chrisuzal.com/xcom-enemy-unknown-windows-7-speech-recognition-voice-command-set/.

The blog post says to use the command set the author has made for the game, I need to install 'Windows Speech Recognition Macros' from Microsoft.com, here is the link: Download Windows Speech Recognition Macros from Official Microsoft Download Center

The download, although official, comes from 2009 (!). Am I safe to install this on Windows 10? I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18,362). Should this command set still work in 2020?

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom