No Signal Display on my TV / Monitor from a Window 10 Pro Desktop

V

Vicky Amber

Hello Greg Mackormack

I have been plagued with these "No Signal" problems since last year. Let me describe the issues in chronological error. I was using 1 Desktop i7 with Windows 10 pro as well as a small laptop running a lite version of Window 8. Sometimes I would use the laptop connected to my TV and sometimes I would use my Desktop PC connected to the same TV. The first problem occurred when my laptop could no longer display its content on the TV, giving me a "No Input Signal", so I mothballed the laptop and continued to use the desktop.

A few months later, my desktop PC stopped being displayed on the TV. So, I downloaded the latest Nividia driver for my GT630, but this driver did not work. So I had to write to Nividia to ask them to send me a driver for my card, which they did, and my display began working again.

A few months later, it happened again. I tried connecting different displays, but I still could not get a display as I continued to get the "No Input Signal" message again. So I ditched the TV and replaced it with a brand new and bigger TV. And everything worked well with my desktop PC for awhile, for about a year, although the laptop never could display on this new TV. But then, a few months ago, I started getting the "No Input Signal" message again. Often, after a few minutes, after switching to TV mode for awhile and switching back to the HDMI port, my display would be restored. Sometimes it would not be restored and I would have to turn off my computer and turn it on again. Sometimes turning my computer ON/OFF would work, but sometimes it didn't. So when it didn't work, I would wait until the next day and everything would work again.

However, early last December it happened to me again, and this time I could not get it to work again, no matter how many times the turned my computer off/on. I went away on Christmas holidays and came back 3 weeks later, and I still could display, still getting the "No Input Signal". However, if I connect my desktop PC to another TV set, there is no problem displaying my PC on the other TV. However, the other TV is on the other side of the room and too big and heavy to have it on my desk, so it is not very useful as a monitor. Now, I have checked the software display driver, and it is the same Nividia driver that Nividia sent me and which I installed back in 2018. So the driver has not changed. And I am definitely not rolling back to an earlier driver because I know that the previous driver does not work and I had gone through a lot of trouble to get the driver that Nividia sent me.

Anyway, yesterday I installed new upgraded ethernet cables and I decided to try the display connection to my TV again. Surprisingly it worked. Unfortunately, today it failed me again, 3 times. The first two times I was able to get the display back after switching back to TV mode, then switching back to PC mode during the next commercial break. But the third time, this did not work. I had to turn off my PC and wait a couple of hours then turn it back on, and yes it worked again. But really, I don't know how long this will continue working.

So my question is, given all this history and the fact that I have already changed drivers, changed TV sets as well as cables and always check that the cables are firmly attached. And by the way, I have also tested 3 laptops on this TV and they all still get "No Input Signal". So you can't really blame one graphics card can you, because that is the only thing I have not changed, but they are a bit expensive and may not solve my problem anyway.

So my question is, given that I have tried everything except replace the graphics card on my desktop PC, why in heavens name is this still happening to me? Can you think of anything else? I have read the other posts, and believe me I have already covered every ground, except replace the graphics card or re-install all of my PC software. Can you think of anything else not yet covered? I am also wondering if it is possible for a malware or virus to specifically target this kind of thing? Mind you, I haven't done a full system installation since this problem has reared its ugly head, but it is something I am planning to do once I can afford to buy extra drives to backup everything I have as well as find all of my original install disks and software keys, so I don't lose much needed software. So I am wondering, can there be anything else that can cause this? Oh, and I have already downloaded the latest firmware for my current TV/display.

So I am exasperated and running out of options. I am now looking for solutions that have not yet been covered and which will work. Can you think of any?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom