How to Change My EMail Address on the Win 10 Startup Screen

N

NoobieKirk

Have switched ISPs and have shiny new email addresses. My old email addresses became inaccessible when I switched. I've spent about 6 hours circling the same useless answers on the Microsoft and other sites trying to change my email address on the startup screen and presumably everything else Win10 related on the computer. The most recent useable looking answer on the community dates from 2015 and none of the instructions match anything seen on my screen. I've added a new Microsoft account with my new email address and while it works (otherwise I wouldn't be here) I've somehow requested a security time-out from my account that will last for a month. Possibly because even with the new account, this stupid thing is still trying to access the old email from the old account that I can't delete.

Windoze 10 has to be the most awesome upgrade in Windows user frustration to date. If there were any alternative at all, I'd happily be switching over right now. But, no, even within Window, we've been blackmailed into upgrading to 10 even if 7 still worked perfectly. For "security". Well, I'm so secure I can't do anything now.

So, are there any instructions from 2019 or 2020 that match current screens or dropdowns on how to change a the startup screen email and anything associated with it. When that email doesn't exist any more. Are there any current instructions on how to access your windows accounts when everything you try still links back to an email address that doesn't exist anymore. Is there any way of undoing securing your Doze account when you had no idea that somehow you were securing and locking yourself out of said account? That won't involve accessing an email that doesn't exist anymore.

Truly a complete cluster re: user friendliness. It's kind of unfortunate that MS didn't take into account that people might change email addresses and might want a simple way of updating them both in the system and in their accounts. Please, just kill me.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom