Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API

C

CharlesOstertag

I have recently purchased a Dell Window 10 Pro Laptop. Intel i7-10510u cpu, 1.80GHZ, 8GB memory, 512GB SSD /9GB SSD, Touch.

Storyline:

I have been trying to install Catalina OS with Oracle Virtualbox. I actually was successful and logged into Catalina and downloaded Excel to the MacOS system. Everything was working fine until I let the Catalina OS install updates. I then could not get the VM running again. I did a complete reinstall and was able to run the Catalina OS again. However, I had to reboot my laptop and every since I have received the following message when I try to start the VM.

I have been researching a while and started looking at Windows preferences and I tried again with Hyper-V on and off with no success. The option Virtual Platform Machine is on. I get the same error for another version of the MacOS Catalina with same results. Something changed that i can't determine to get this working again.

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina.

VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API). VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

E_FAIL (0x80004005) Component: ConsoleWrap Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Any help would be appreciated. Charley

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom