Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

• Thread starter Honest&IntegrityAutoTech
  • Start date
H

Honest&IntegrityAutoTech

I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST (Laptop) with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time I Boot-Up this thing or fire it up I always check for Windows Updates or BIOS Update even if it doesn't notify me first I'll still check. So last month when I logged-on there was a new Windows 10 BIOS Update Utility of Version 8ZCN24WW and that was on 12/5/19. So now as I'm logged into my Microsoft account I'm typing this from the laptop in question which, I hit the power key and it typically takes only 2-3 minutes to land on my Security Key page. Well it was beyond 5 minutes and my screen is still as black as it was when I pried my laptop open. So I grabbed the power cord and plug it in and BOOM - my screen lights up my room like my condo view of Dallas skyline with my Homepage and that was over 2 hours ago, when I unplug it as I'm certain it's at 100% charge the screen goes black. I've had to keep the plug in the power cord until I finish this here. One more thing I've noticed as well is the battery icon isn't in the taskbar. It's gone and I've never noticed that missing. I literally have to unplug it to turn off the screen, however of course I'll try shutting it down like normal from the Start menu. But can someone Please guide me onto the right path of instruction or tell me that BIOS Update did not fry my new laptop?? Oh one more tid bit of info, I take pics of all my updates and it's quite the possibility for this very reason here and now. But I found another Windows Update installed on 8/30/19 of Version 1909 with OS build - 18363.535. There that's enough, too much but there's got to be a way out of this Power & Display Adapters mode. Thank you in advance to anyone with some words of wisdom. Have a great Sunday night, God Bless!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom