Another Windows 10 Photos App unable to import photos and videos

A

a_frustruated_user

I am almost ready to throw in the towel - this MS/Windows image format thing is wasting so much time.

I've had various iPhones over the years and I was able to import just fine to a Windows 7 OS system. Everything did as it was supposed to do. Windows scanned the images on my phone and imported NEW photos.

Then Apple introduced that HEIC format in what 2018ish. And it's been downhill since then. Yes, the phones can store more photos but what's the use if it takes days of internet surfing for tech support and trying everything under the sun only to either manually download via Windows file explorer or paying for a third-party program that does the trick but doesn't do the all-important "only new" photos?

I had to buy a program to remove the thousands of duplicates I get when I either download the heic (manually or with third party) and then have to convert (third party) or when MS/Apple decide that I have ALL new photos on my phone.

So right now I'm on:

• a fully updated ios iPhone 11
  • fully up-to-date Windows 10 (read somewhere that that would solve the problem - NOPE)
  • fully up-to-date itunes exe (not App)
  • I have full admin privileges

Sometimes, the Windows Photo app scans and finds ~9K photos (there are likely NOT 9K new photos since I last labourously got things off) and now it's more likely to find 35K (do I really have 35K photos on my phone?????) and regardless of what it finds it then freezes. And then crashes.

I have the 2 starred HEIF Image Extensions app which doesn' seem to do anything.

I have looked at and tried various things from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-import-photos-and-videos-from-phone-to-pc

and here:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

looked at this thread:

Cannot import photos to windows 10 after … - Apple Community

This is killing me - no not literally, but I'm trying to share photos with family and it takes me months to deal with this "stuff".

Any new ideas??? Please!!!!!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom