Problem with a Force Feedback USB gaming device under Windows 10 x64

A

Assiduous77

Hello,

I have been attempting to make the jump to Windows 10 x64 from Windows 7 x64. The only issue holding me back is my beloved Wingman Formula Force Wheel which won't work properly with Assetto Corsa x64 (ACS.exe) under Windows 10 x64. The wheel worked perfectly under Windows 7 x64, providing great Force Feedback, with ACS.exe.

Under windows 10 x64 the driver installs fine and all axis and buttons are functional and confirmed working in Windows, but crashes the game when loading in using ACS.exe (x64). Forcing the game to 32bit mode allows the wheel to work 100% with Assetto Corsa. If i rename/remove the SaiQFF04.dll (Immersion Physical Interface Device Driver) in Windows\System32 the ACS.exe no longer crashes but Force Feedback is disabled. Please please help me to get it working in 64 bit mode. I'm sure there is a solution here for this issue. I have tested that the wheel works fine with force feedback under Windows 10 x64 with Flatout 2 also. To further investigate, I built a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 with just Assetto Corsa, steam and the wheel driver in VMWare workstation 15 and confirmed the same issue/crashing occurs.

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance to help pinpoint the root cause. Has anything changed since Windows 7 64 that would impact the code path? driver install? direct input ? Is this likely to be an issue with the games code path?

I have seen others posting about this issue with the same model and similar model by other providers such as thrustmaster.

regards,

A.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom