Sites on Enterprise Mode Site List not opened in IE Mode in Edge 79 on Windows Server 2012 R2

• Thread starter TwoGlassesOfIceWaterWithIce
  • Start date
T

TwoGlassesOfIceWaterWithIce

I'm working with multiple domain-joined Windows 2012 R2 servers with current updates running Edge 79.0.309.71 and IE 11.0.9600.19597 update 11.0.170. I'm using the latest policy files for the GPO. I have the following GPO settings which are successfully applied:

Computer Configuration

Policies

Administrative Templates

Microsoft Edge

Configure Internet Explorer integration: Enabled, Internet Explorer mode

Configure the Enterprise Mode Site List: Enabled, [URI to xml generated with Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (schema v.2)]

Windows Components

Internet Explorer

Send all sites not included in the Enterprise Mode Site List to Microsoft Edge: Enabled

Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list: Enabled: [same URI as above]

edge://policy/ shows that the policy setting are being applied. edge://compat/enterprise shows the correct site list. Sites not included in the list are successfully forced to open in Edge. Sites included in the list successfully open in IE 11. However, sites included in the the list are NOT opened in IE Mode in Edge. The same policy on Windows 10 with the same version of Edge works perfectly.

Is there something additional that needs to be configured on Windows Server to get IE Mode working in Edge?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom