Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails

M

MethJaya

After randomly restarting my system, not after an update, all the icons on my taskbar except UWP apps were replaced with this generic icon:

545d2526-f756-4400-bed2-e4d6011af165?upload=true.png

Also, all the icons/thumbnails everywhere on File Explorer are completely blank, no matter the size the icons are set to:

51c5fc0c-879b-441e-b09c-a551fbd12f0f?upload=true.png

Also, when i try to open the Properties Window for any file or folder, nothing opens at all. I think this is related because it happened at the same time.

I have tried pretty much every solution for similar problems on the internet, including sfc /scannow on Command Prompt (no integrity violations showed up), deleting icon and thumbnail caches (did nothing), unchecking the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option on File Explorer (it was never checked in the first place), and many other things. The thing is, I could not find any case posted on the internet of the exact problem I am having right now. It's either the thumbnails are only showing something wrong, not completely blank, or a different icon on the taskbar.

I also tried creating a new user account, and it had the same issue. I think something is corrupted but I have no idea how to fix it without resetting the device, which I do not want to do.

Any help would be appreciated as soon as possible, thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom