Why is the Airplane Mode still active even after I rebooted with a factory image?

J

JoseSuarezOR

I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 running Windows 10 home edition. As I said I rebooted my computer back to the factory image and I still can not switch off the Airplane Mode.

It happened for no apparent reason while I was on the computer. Suddenly I had no internet connection. At first I got a Globe icon but when I started to fiddle around and clicked the Airplane Icon it hasn't gone ever since. I checked on the Device Manager and my wifi card is being detected. I tried to run the trouble shooter and it says that my Wi-Fi utility is turned off but when it tries to turn it on it fails. I tried uninstalling the wifi driver and the Airplane Mode switch driver restarted my computer and the Wi-Fi symbol with an asterisk appeared for a second and went back to the Airplane. Now I've connected my laptop with a cable directly into the modem after a while I noticed that I lost connection for a second and when the airplane appeared for a couple seconds and went back to the network !. Then I went to Dell's website where I ran a hardware test and it came out clean. I've run out of ideas, please help.

PS

I don't know if this is related but I've tried to connect my cel (Samsung J7) thru USB and the computer won't even detect the connection. I tried the USB with a pen drive and it worked fine.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom