Cannot connect to network in Win10 1903

S

SAmuel.LTW

My computer has been suffering from Wifi problems recently. When I tries to connect to my wifi routers, the attempt would fail after a short period of time and say the mythic 'cannot connect to network'.

I have been trying to eliminate it for tens of hours but in vain, with all the recommended approaches failed.

This has also gave me some clues.

1. The computer has been recently updated to win10 1903. That was around 20 days before the problem first occurred. I don't know whether there are connections between these. And unfortunately, that was a long time that the upgrade rollback is unavailable.

2. My wifi adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 and I noticed a tech-doc at https://aka.ms/qcamain10_4_0_2 . So I spent around 5 hours gathering different drivers that might be compatible. These include the original 12.0.0.722, and 12.0.0.725 , 12.0.0.832 and latest I can find 12.0.0.916. But none of these drivers solved the problem. The official package in the link above didn't work either.

3. Mysteriously, my laptop can still connect to the mobile wifi hotspots from my iPhone, android device. But when it comes to a router, it fails. I tried the wifi in my home ,in my office and my neighbor's, but none of them can be connected.

4. The wlan report generated by 'netsh wlan show wlanreport' indicates the main reasons have been 'The driver disconnected while associating.'(10 times in 15 attempts' and 'The specific network is not available.'.(4 times in 15). One of the log is like such:

Network Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter
Interface GUID: **
Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile
Prifile Name: **
SSID: **
BSS Type: Infrastructure
Failure Reason:The driver disconnected while associating.
RSSI: 255

I hope someone can propose some useful approach. I have already tried the standard troubleshoot in the article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000432/windows-10-fix-wi-fi-problems. So the general solutions like netsh/IP reset and windows troubleshooter doesn't work for me!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom