Screen locks after 5 minutes - common solutions not helping

M

MarekLiska

I have the exact same problem as Max here, so I repost closed (and unsolved) question.

Hi there,

I am encountering difficulty with my screen automatically locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. All fixes I have tried have failed to fix the problem. So far I have tried:

• Disabling the "On resume, display logon screen" checkbox in Screen Saver Settings
  • Editing the Registry and modifying the "Console lock display off timeout" setting under Advanced Plan Options
  • Adding an InactivityTimeoutSecs value of (0x00000000) to the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\
  • Using Command Prompt and powercfg.exe to modify /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEOCONLOCK (as well as /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEOCONLOCK)
  • Some other fixes I can't remember at the moment

None of these fixes have helped. I can get the screen to timeout after FEWER than 5 minutes, but not more. I don't want to disable the automatic lock screen, I just want it to happen after 15 or 20 minutes instead of 5. Is there any way to determine what is causing this automatic timeout?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Max

Continue reading...