Slow internet speed on Windows 10 1909, Microsoft throttling (continuation of thread from 1809)

T

tutu_312

This is a continuation of the thread: Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809

It seems Microsoft programmers noticed the comment I made about nvspbind and found a way to throttle my internet even after that in subsequent windows updates. After upgrading to a new motherboard my internet connection was for a short time reaching 120 mbps instead of the usual 50-60 in browser tests. However, within an hour or two, windows found a way to disable that, and now I am stuck at 50-70 mbps, and it maxes out at that speed very slowly. In linux it maxes out instantly, so there is hidden throttling and QoS taking place even with all QoS disabled. I get 174 megabits in linux almost instantly.

One user claimed their only solution was resetting TCPIP to defaults, but that fix only lasts for two hours before throttling kicks in. Apparently the only solution is to downgrade to Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.615).

So this is clearly inbuilt throttling that so far I have not found a way to permanently disable.

I am using a Gigabit network card with successful 1 gigabit connections on all routing devices and the PC.

I have updated and changed Adapter drivers to the manufactures original release, and currently use the latest February 2020 release. I have run TCP optimizer optimized settings, gpedit QoS modifications (QoS is disabled in the adapter anyway) Its not a dell machine so no throttling app built in. I disabled Windows update throttling settings and all the rest. I have disabled TCP heuristics, changed congestion provider from cubed to ctcp, enabled/disabled side scaling & window auto tuning, enabled and disabled every advanced optionas under adapter driver Advanced properties, unbinded everything but the essentials with nvspbind. Enabled and disabled windows based chimney and offloading. Used alternative network adapters. Reinstalled O/S multiple times.

Disabling taskoffloading gave me the best, (from 1.3 to 5.5 megabytes per second downloading Nvidia drivers in firefox) yet still minimal improvements, in powershell:
Set-NetOffloadGlobalSetting -TaskOffload disabled
Disabling hystart (slowstart) gave me better initial throughput:
netsh int tcp set global hystart=disabled

Windows 10, after days of tweaking

4e5dc104-5f48-43ae-8437-1c331ff764ff?upload=true.jpg

Kapersky Live CD, default

95ebda96-404f-40e2-8e21-43c7dc89e72e?upload=true.png

Windows Nvidia driver download brave browser

d562b619-f2f8-4622-a8d5-c17e6abdb72c?upload=true.png

Linux Nvidia driver download

d7cef0cd-bd8d-4b94-8174-535520a71faf?upload=true.png

The exact same file on the same server downloads at 22 megs a second in linux. In Windows 10, disabling task offloading in powershell I am able now to download at 5-7 megabytes per second instead of 1.3. Then it slowly throttles down to 4.5 megabytes per second, but it should be ~22 megabytes per second flat out, all the time. Multithreaded downloads using eagleget, which maxes out the connection at 32 threads, are limited to 9.6 megabytes per second in windows on the same Nvidia servers. Torrents do not have this same limitation in windows, they max out at 14 megabytes per second. So this appears to be inbuilt QoS app specific throttling.

This problem has been ongoing for TWO YEARS. I was able to mitigate it for a while but microsoft updates broke that as well. I have come to the conclusion Microsoft is intentionally limiting billions of users bandwidth with some kind of global throttling agenda from some kind of top down directive... the same way they forced windows 10 spyware O/S onto us without our consent, the same way Bill forced himself onto the children of Epstein's island. They have really seriously incompetent and indifferent staff that haven't taken notice of the tens of thousands of complaints over the last two years, and who evidently don't care about their own internet speed either.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom