Cannot reset windows & XML Oceanreef Malware attack

V

VM_93

Hi,

I have been facing issues with my windows recently. It began with my 'Chrome' displaying a 'Your browser is managed by your organisation' message. I removed the unwanted software I found on 'Add or Remove Programs' list. It didn't resolve the issue. I went ahead and installed 2-3 malware/adware removers and reinstalled my Chrome. This resolved the issue of Chrome being 'managed by your organisation' error.

The problems I'm currently facing are:

1. Occasionally, the browser redirects me to xml.oceanreefs.xyz and this keeps happening. I understand this is a virus or malware but I can't seem to remove it using Windows Defender.

2. I tried resetting my windows multiple times and each time after reaching 99%, it shows 'Reset failed' without any error code. So I'm unable to understand why can't I reset my windows.

3. This setting is managed by your administrator error inside Windows Defender (screenshot attached). df02786d-e06a-498b-8e86-7dbb4cb392aa?upload=true.png

I contacted Microsoft Support, a Microsoft agent requested access to my screen, and he went offline without providing any solution whatsoever.

I have downloaded Windows from Microsoft as a bootable file into my USB. I intend to re-install windows. My laptop is Acer Swift 3 and was bought in the month of January 2020. It's a brand new laptop that came with pre-installed windows. Will re-installing windows affect my windows subscription? Will I be asked to purchase Windows again?

Looking forward to a solution and responses.

Thanks

Continue reading...