Windows 10 Completely Broke

L

LintonMFE

I have Windows 10. Recently GTA V has been running slower than usual, so I suspected viruses. I scanned for viruses and have none. I opened Edge after not having used it in a long time, and it's not connecting to the internet at all, while Google Chrome is working perfectly. I opened the Microsoft store to see if Edge needs any updates, and Microsoft store closes. I try multiple times to reopen it, and it just wont work. I search Community for answers to this, and found one answer, I did Method 1 of the link that was provided. Method 1 is this, Open Settings, navigate to Apps & Features, search for "Store", click "Advanced Options", click "reset". I did that, and try opening Microsoft store, and store isn't even on my device anymore. Here's some more problems, File Explorer, which is usually very fast, took 10 minutes to open. I try updating Windows 10, and I get an error with this code, 0x8007042c . I searched up this error code, and found out its a Firewall problem. I found a website with 3 methods to fix this. I try method 1, which is using Microsoft Safety Scanner. I use that, and it just freezes 1 minute 49 seconds in. I try pressing cancel, and it doesn't work. I use Task Manager to force close the program. I open the program again to try to scan it again. It freezes again at 1 minute 50 seconds. Same problem with closing it. After frustrated at Method 1, I try Method 2, which is using Services to turn firewall on. It says to open services as admin. I press win key+s to open the search, and search Services. I find Services, right click it and press "Run as Administrator". It doesn't open. I try running it as admin again, and it doesn't work. I open it as a normal application, and it works then. I search for Windows Firewall as the website told me to. The picture clearly shows Windows Firewall in Services, but I can't find it in mine. Back to the Edge problem for a minute, before I had trouble with edge, the other user who uses the same PC, different profile, was able to use Edge with it connected to the Internet, but the home screen takes forever to load. His profile is a lot slower than mine.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom