Win 10 Closes Any Running Programs and Opens an File Explorer Window

D

DaveSumner1

This has been happening to me for some time now, maybe 2 years on and off, it seems to go through phases.

Example 1 - The other day I had Adobe Bridge open on my left screen in fullscreen mode and MS Excel 2016 on the right screen. I was typing in Excel and suddenly everything closed down and a minimised File Explorer Window opened on my desktop.

Example 2 - I was playing Sniper Elite 4 and the game closed for no reason and a File Explorer screen opens minimised on my desktop.

Example 3 - I was browsing the internet, I had several Chrome browser pages open, they all just closed and I was looking at a minimised file explorer screen on my desktop.

When everything closes, they all just run back up again, the system doesn't crash, there are no BSD's and nothing in the event log. I have tried looking at the dump files and there is nothing there and I have tried Appcrash programs and they report nothing. I have looked at scheduled events in the scheduler and found nothing, I have stopped nearly all startup programs, just MS Essentials running now. I have 16GB of RAM so it isn't a memory issue, I don't get any memory errors. I have tried graphics drivers, a new graphics card, I have done all of the pointless SFC checks and still nothing. I have moved my swap file to an SSD but that also didn't change anything.

Can someone at Microsoft please shed some light on what is causing this please?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom