Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection

B

BoarTheWizard

Hi,
I have a weird issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise and I've spent hours to solve it in vain. I have HyperV enabled with several VMs created. I have an external virtual switch created for my Wifi connection that is used by the VMs. Everything was running just fine for a couple of months until recently. I did not do any changes to my network interfaces.
Right now every time I log into any of my VMs, my Wifi connection on the host is lost. I can still connect to the internet from the guest VM, but I cannot do anything from the host. Wifi just gets disconnected and I am not able to reconnect. When I shutdown the guest VM I can reconnect the host to my Wifi just fine.
I suspected Windows Update kb4532693 as the culprit, but uninstallation did not help for this. I have tried to delete the virtual switch and create it again, but that did not help. I tried to attach an internal virtual switch to my VM and then share Wifi connection on my host to this interface, but that did not work either. I tried changing various settings on my eternal virtual switch with no result.
This is really annoying problem as all was working properly until recently and it's driving me nuts.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom