Printer doesn't appear anymore in the list of installed printers.

M

MeanSpitfire

Windows 10/64 Pro. This problem has come up about 3 to 4 months ago. In Settings/Printers & Scanners, I used to see both printers, my Epson (pigment inks) that I use for photography, and my HP (dye inks) which I use most of the time for general printing. But some time back, I set my default to the Epson for photo printing. Ever since, the HP is no longer present for me to set as default, and access the driver. I re-installed it and it appeared in the list. But it didn't work because I mistakenly used an LPT port instead of USB001. So I corrected that and the printer now prints. However, it has again disappeared from the list in Settings/Printers & Scanners. But I now need to run a head cleaning, etc... and therefore need to access the driver. But it is still not showing in Settings. I can select it for printing within apps, and it works. But I need it in Settings. Question: How do I get it to show in Settings and remain there? The reverse had happened when the problem showed up, where the Epson disappeared and had to be re-installed. Now the HP is missing.

The "Let Windows manage my default printer" box is NOT checked.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom