Access Violation in IDispenseDriver:CreateResource after Windows update on Win 10 Machines

S

SumathiK

We have started seeing "failed to open database connection" error in our application after the recent Cumulative update fro Windows 10 Version 1809 for X64 based Systems(KB4532691).

Our Application is a VB 6 application that is using MSAccess 2010 database engine for database handling.

Application is failing to run database queries with the following error

2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, ---------------------------------------------
2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, Error (3709) The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.

2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, ---------------------------------------------

2/19/2020 9:30:23 AM, Failed to open database connection to execute SQL: Delete from tbl***

Event Viewer show the following error for the failure

The system has called a custom component and that component has failed and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and proved them with the information below.
Component Prog ID: SC.Pool 11
Method Name: IDispenseDriver::CreateResource
Process Name:: MyApplication.exe
Exception: c0000005

Address: 00000000

I found that reinstalling the access database engine fixes this problem ,but i am not sure it won't break again with next windows update.

I am trying to understand what SC.Pool and what changed in the new windows update that is causing this access violation?

Any help with this issue is really appreciated.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom