Can't reinstall intel wifi driver.

L

LittleFreak117

Here's the backstory.

Over a month ago, my MSI laptop randomly couldn't detect any wireless networks and Bluetooth couldn't work, and there was no switch to turn on the Bluetooth. It seemed to happen when sometimes it froze at the MSI dragon logo during startup, forcing me to turn it off then back on again. After logging back in, in the device manager, the drivers for both were grayed out, so I uninstalled and reinstalled them. Didn't really fix the problem, and made it more frequent. Took it to a local repair guy and he found a problem with the sleep functionality of my laptop, so he made it hibernate instead of sleep each time it powered down/closed the lid and everything was fine for a day. Then, when I took it to class one day, with it being in my backpack and around 0 degrees Celsius outside, it lost Bluetooth and WiFi, again. Since then, I've tried uninstalling the drivers for both and reinstalling them and kept it inside. It has worked so far for the Bluetooth, but the WiFi adapter cannot seem to install. I've downloaded the drivers from both the official MSI support website and the Intel website, and when I extract the setup files and go through the installation process, it says it's installed. But in the device manager, even under hidden devices, it's not there. Ethernet works fine though.

I've also tried a system restore and using command prompt to find anything corrupt and came back clean. I have the Intel driver & support assistant installed and it says I have the latest drivers but if I scroll down, it doesn't even say that I have the Intel Wireless driver 3168.

Help please?

Continue reading...