Printer Queue "Busy or Error" on Some Networked PCs, Others Works Fine

M

mtloya

Hi all,

I have an older Brother MFC-8840D laser printer that is part of my small office network. While yes, I know that it's an older piece of hardware, it still does the trick just fine (when it wants to).

Recently, I've had two machines become unable to send jobs to this printer, both being wireless (not that that seems to matter). In the print queue, I get the "Printer Busy or Error" message, regardless on what I'm trying to print. It could be a blank Word document, a test page, or a full-blown 50-page PDF... This occurs on both of these machines. What's strange though, and what I don't understand, is that three additional machines on the network ARE able to print to it just fine, 2 being wired and 1 wireless.

The printer is not shared over the network by any of the machines, rather, each machine has had it installed manually with the printer's IP through the add-a-printer wizard. It should be noted that everything was working perfectly fine as of recent on all machines.

At this point, I don't know what to do and I'm pretty frustrated. The drivers are all the same on every single machine. They're all running Windows 10 64-bit. I've already attempted to uninstall and reinstall the printer multiple times, power cycled the printer, checked and double checked to ensure that all the ports and IPs are correct, and I've even gone out of my way to purchase a secondhand printer to use in the meantime until I can figure out how to get the main printer back up and running for every machine.

And no, using the other printer long-term isn't an option.

Any pointers would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom