BSOD On installation of any nvidia graphic driver.

S

Skysenzz

Hey guys, i got myself a new PC, here's the rig:

MOBO
: MSI TOMAHAWK B450 MAX

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600

GRAPHICS: EVGA GTX 1660 SUPER

RAM: 2x8GO DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX C16 3200MHZ

SSD: KINGSTON A400 480GO

HARD DRIVE: WBLUE 1TO 3.5"

PSU: CORSAIR RM650X 80+ GOLD

NETWORK: ASUS PCE-A55BT

COOLER: ARTIC FREEZER 34 DUO ESPORT

CASE: PHANTEK ECLIPSE P400s

So when I install windows 1909, everything goes fine, until i install any graphic drivers; when I run windows update, when it gets to Nvidia drivers, I get "Video scheduler internal error", same with nvidia's drivers. w/ network connexion off so windows update stays idle in the background. I tried cleaning the gpu drivers with DDU, install only the drivers + physiX, but didn't change anything.

I checked if the GPU was well seated in the slot, tried the two different slots, tried to put 1 memory stick in every mem slots possible, nothing worked.

Tried to do it on the hard drive instead of SSD, didn't work.

Tried to update the BIOS, mobo's drivers nothing helped either, as soon as i get the nvidia's driver in, i get the same BSOD.

I tried the GPU on my older pc, it worked fine.

I did a memory diagnostic from windows, with advanced mode or w/e it's called in english & went throught it 5 times without any issue found. I've also did a MemTest86(v8.3), it did not find any error either.

I'm not really sure what's faulty in this situation is this nvidia's drivers that are failing?

I am also aware that there is a faulty optionnal update from windows that gives BSOD at the moment, but i have nothing installed.

The BOSD happens quite easily, it even happened when the PC was idle, when booting or shutting down.

Cables are well plugged, ram/gpu is well seated, everything runs smoothly until i get drivers... Sadly I can't do much because there are no integrated graphics in that CPU.

Anyone have a thought on how could I fix that/What could i do to find what is faulty?

Continue reading...