IE Cannot display web page/Untrusted Certificate

M

majestic100

Hi,

Firstly I trust I've posted in correct forum.

Secondly appreciate that Windows XP has long gone and is no longer supported however, I have been given an IBM ThinkPad R40 in excellent physical condition which has invoked fond memories.

It's based on an Intel Pentium M at 1.3 Ghz, 768 MB RAM and 40 GB SATA HDD. It's running Windows XP Professional version 2002 Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8

I believe this was introduced circa 2003. I've reset back to factory settings and updated XP to last update releases which I believe was January 2014. Only updates not installed were 2 optional ones these being Microsoft Essentials and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Had a problem with wireless connectivity (WEP v WPA) but looks like I found and installed updated drivers for this. All is looking good except...............

I'm encountering some websites which give the error message "There is a problem with this websites security certificate" or "Internet Explorer cannot display the Web page". These obviously may be inter related.

I've:-

1. Ensured Date and time are correct.

2. Reset IE8

3. Deleted all IE8 browsing history

4. I've continued to the site where i'm told the site has an untrusted certificate (?) As an example;

Issued to google.com

Issued by GTS CA 101

Valid from 12/02/2020 to 06/05/2020

5. Installed certificate; auto select certificate store based on type of certificate. Imports successfully but still issue prevails

6. Ensured both "publishers certificate revocation" and "server certificate revocation" under IE Options advanced tab security section unchecked.

I would love to get the laptop working as it once did and would appreciate any input to overcome these obstacles and achieve this.

Look forward in anticipation

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom