Various BSOD on Windows 10 install (replaced motherboard and SSD)

S

Synesthesia92

Hi everyone, having a multitude of BSOD problems. Issues started a few weeks ago when I started getting a netio.sys BSOD but different stop codes (e.g. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION). Weirdly it seemed to happen when I was installing games from the Epic Games Store but no idea if it was actually linked. I've never overclocked my CPU.

Since then I have:

1. Updated drivers (none needed updating)

2. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool - no issues with RAM cam up.

3. Updated BIOS on Gigabyte motherboard.

4. Replaced my motherboard.

5. Tried to reinstall Windows - failed and kept BSODing during install from USB.

6. Run a memtest86 - no issues came up.

7. SSD send off for RMA - tested by Scan and failed CrystalDisk health check so they sent me a replacement.

8. Still BSODing during Windows install. First time it was a stop code of "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" again and 'what failed' was ntfs.sys (not seen this before). Second try I got the "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" stop code for the first time. Third time it was a stop code of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" with "what failed" as CLASSPNP.sys.

Now I'm wondering if there's an issue with CPU, but I'm genuinely at a complete loss as to what to do here. Most of the advice online is useful for those still running Windows, whereas I am stuck in this Window-less nightmare.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated, thank you!

Specs are:

Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard (brand new)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2 x8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Enthusiast RGB LED Illuminated Memory Kit

SSD: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 6GBP (brand new)

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - OEM

Graphics card: GeForce® GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8GB

Power supply: CORSAIR RMxWhite Series RM750x

Continue reading...