My telephone agent hung up on me while I was trying to get warranty support for my 1850 wireless mouse. How can I proceed with my warranty claim?

R

Robert_418

Hello,

My Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1850 which I purchased in Canada in August 2017 has recently started to develop defects. Each time I click, multiple clicks are registered. I cannot drag and drop because it just opens the file. It's extremely annoying. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps. I tried new batteries, resetting the adapter, unplugging, etc.

After looking up the warranty for this product in Canada, I've found that this product is still covered, shown below:

102c8333-507f-40b1-84ec-05f5b43dba2f?upload=true.png

The "Register a Device" support section of the Microsoft website does not allow users to add accessory devices without first adding a main surface device and serial number. I do not have a main surface device. As a result, I cannot proceed with my warranty claim that way. I've found another thread in this community which suggests using the Get Help app.

Using the Get Help app, I asked to talk to an agent and chose the PC Accessories option. I was provided with the phone number 1-877-568-2495. I called and waited for an hour. Finally I spoke to an agent who created a case number for me. My case number is 1497057609. Despite selecting PC Accessories, she said she needed to transfer me to the proper department. She hung up on me. Now I'm on hold again for what might be another hour. Extremely frustrating, inconvenient, inefficient, and nearly impossible to make a warranty claim.

How can I receive my warranty?

Thanks

Update 1 hour later:

After another hour of waiting, I finally got to speak to another agent. He provided me with a new case number, 1497059377. Then he transferred me to the "correct" department again. Instead of getting hung up on, I was actually transferred this time but after 5 minutes of waiting I hear "We're closed, please call back during business hours".

Then I get an email saying my case number has been closed! Really!? The issue is NOT solved!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom