Onedrive for business sync is super slow

S

SUPERH34VY

Hi Microsoft!

I cant start of saying that I work for a big company that using Onedrive for business. I have been in contact with our IT department a lot regarding this issue but no one seems to know why its like this.

My issue is that when I try to upload a document to Onedrive the upload speed is so extremely slow for today's standards.

When doing this (or someone else change something on the Sharepoint my computer CPU is going up to 25% of its power for Onedrive, this leads to the fans spins so fast that I think the computer will fly away. The specs of the computer is not the problem. Take a look below:

Dell Latitude 5500

i5-8365U

16GB RAM

Our network speed at the office is about 500mbit/s download speed. But when uploading something to Onedrive it uploading is kbit/s why is that?

I can also say that I am not alone with this issue. More or less all of my colleague have this issue. But I am the only one with an IT background that want to investigate why its like this. Or IT department have told us that there is no network limit on it, but it for sure is.

I have also tried ALL of the mentioned "solutions" for this. So its not a client issue.

Can you please give me a proper answer why we have this slow network speed in Onedrive?

Continue reading...