LockScreen Slideshow options

R

RichardRutledge

NORMALLY within the slideshow "album options" there is a 'folder' (It's not a folder) labeled "Picture". This, I believe, is a link or some type of pointer to C:\Users\[current user]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets which is the batch of default pictures provided by Microsoft. Yes, you guessed it--I deleted THAT folder instead of my "pictureS" folder. Now I would LOVE to put that back in there, but I must point to the proper place, which doesn't seem to exist ANYWHERE (I did a cmd search of C:\ Picture*.* /o /s and another one where I added /ah (hidden files) to the search string... NOTHING.) Short of reinstalling windows 10 just to fix this foul up... does anybody have any suggestions for getting that back? (and no--pointing to that folder of compressed files doesn't work...) (When I break something, I do it right!)

Edit: I didn't destroy it from the HDD as the option to select between "picture" and "slideshow" still exists, and all of the photos show up there...so it isn't a matter of recovering lost files, just pointing the slideshow back at that 'picture' setting.

Continue reading...