Lockscreen password

T

Tiffany Zumba

I have a couple of Windows 10 computers. One I use predominantly and one my husband uses. When we set them up they were both in my name as my husband rarely used them. Now we want to separate them out more. I tried today to change the lockscreen password on the laptop my husband uses, only to find I had inadvertently changed my Microsoft password and now it won't let me change it back to the original which is ingrained in my memory! So, I now have to remember is a new password all the time to access my mail etc and anything linked to the account and also now it would appear to access one of the computers.

I have read that I can set up a local account for my husband but would that give him access to all the facilities such as One Drive and Office etc as I am the Administrator and sole. Microsoft Account holder? As other people say in this forum, I do not want my husband (or myself) to have to log in with my Microsoft account password each time we need to access a computer. Nor do I want to have either computer unlocked.

Can the two not in some way be separated out? I currently log into my main computer with a pin and access my mail accounts direct from their mail log in pages rather than via Livemail. I am now wondering if by using a pin rather than my Microsoft log in this is in fact actually allowing me to store in the cloud (as I do not log in with my Microsoft account password). I am an older lady and just assumed stuff was being backed up saved in the cloud.

Sorry, But I am totally confused! All I want is 2 computers one main Microsoft account to be used by myself and my husband but with all aspects of that account accessible to us both but for him to have t a separate lock screen password not linked to my Microsoft account password.

Could someone please advise me,

To me it seems less secure to have to open the lock screen with this more sensitive Microsoft password. Frequently my grandkids peer over my shoulder as I unlock the computer, or someone may be near by. To have two separate passwords seems far better?

Thankyou

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom