CBS store corruption on Server 2016. Repair with DISM gets error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found."

J

Joshua_R_Cannon

I have a Windows Server 2016 box that I needed to install Hyper-V on. When I tried to install it I got error: 0x800f0831. I tried installing both through the GUI and PowerShell.

Researching the error and looking at CBS.log pointed me to CBS store corruption so I ran sfc /scannow and that came back clean. I then ran dism /online /scanhealth and it said that there was repairable damage. Looking at CBS.log it said there was CBS manifest corruption. So I ran dism /online /restorehealth and I got the error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found." So I extracted the WIM for Windows Server 2016 Standard (Desktop Experience) from an installation DVD and used that as the source. Running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:c:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess still results in the same error however.

I noticed that there was a pending reboot for CBServicing so I rebooted the server several times and tried running the repair again with the same result. At this point I'm not sure how to repair the corruption. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom