Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom.

J

JonLarson3

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to license my use case properly.

I am a technical trainer that uses a virtual classroom of Windows 10 Enterprise computers. The classes range from 2 hours to a full week. We have traditionally spun up a image that is in a known state. That way we can consistently run the students through the material. Then at the end of the class we can delete the environment so that it doesn't take up resources and so we don't have to worry about what strange things the students may have done to the environment.

Previously when we imaged the Windows 7 machines the license activation persisted when we spun up that image the licensing persisted. Now with Windows 10 that doesn't seem to be the case. The computer detects that it is a new machine and gives the warning that this license is used on another machine.

I have been looking into per device licensing and per user licensing. The per user licensing looks like one solution, but the students on those computers aren't the ones that would be licensed. So my concern is that would be against term of use.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Continue reading...