No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo (Generic Audio Driver Issue)

L

LindseyLeeanna

The Device:

Advertised as Universal.

Capello Ci302

www.hellocapello.com

-home stereo with fm, bluetooth, cd player, and aux, and remote control.

pairs perfectly with Iphone and Samsung Android phone.

requires Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Windows 10 home 1909 on Samsung Notebook 7 Spin.

Updates Installed.

Wireless:

Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Normal Bluetooth Driver Version: 10.0.0.918

>>>>Connect Device/ lists as audio voice, no sound, and breaks wifi - won't play video or music. <<<

>>>>Installed Qualcomm Atheros Communications Bluetooth Version 8.0.1.312 Running Bluetooth 2.1 EDR. It did not work with the Win 10 version of this (64), but only with Windows 7

Device pairs/connects as audio. Signal Good, but will not play sound. The icon for signal strength shows as red x, but it's still good.

**Can't change bit rate on either (greyed out)

**Configure is grayed out.

--default playbacks set properly.

--services running.

--devices discoverable.

--radio on.

--audio enhancements off or nonexistent.

(Samsung does have audio enhancement options that don't have an option to disable. (Movie, Game, Music...)

I set mine to auto.)

Ran audio playback troubleshooter,

error: detects generic audio device/driver.

Displays as Bluetooth Audio Device,

and that is the only compatible option from updating driver manually from computer files. Located on the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Doesn't work when set as Microsoft High Definition Audio Device.

Tried the Microsoft OEM High Definition Audio Device, and it let me change it but upon restart -

windows ran some updates on this restart,

It totally spazzed out. something/stop blue screen,

and would not reboot.

I ran a Reset - opting to keep files.

It lagged a bit at 88%, and then started up. It didn't take me long to reinstall apps/settings/extensions. It's a brand new laptop.

Reset saved an html list of many removed apps and their publishers - but not all. That was so helpful.

Now, everytime I startup I get this message:

Can not find script file C:/Users/linds/AppData/Roaming/tBar.msi.vbs

Don't know what that means - but can't notice effect rn.

There are no available drivers from the manufacturer. I have made several calls.

It adds a PAN.

3 remote sessions with Microsoft support all failed - concluded with incompatibility which I do not accept because the device advertises as universal & it works on both phones, but I only have the issues with windows 10 - laptop and tablet.

1 remote session with Samsung.

(I think they have now blocked me from the chats :/ )

Also tried with XFINITY and Geeksquad to no avail.

So currently the only issue is that it detects as Generic.

As I can't download drivers from manufacturer,

and can't set it to use Microsoft's generic audio driver,

Does anyone have any *useful* suggestions or solutions?

I am now terrified to set the drivers to anything but the listed "compatible" ones, in fear of sending my PC into the great death.

When/If they Capello company responds I will suggest they send me a similar product that works with Windows 10. - I can't return it to Target but the service rep told me there was a 1 year warranty. Upon purchase I did not realize it was "old." & still can't find the manufacture year. Although I should have realized it because of the CD player. Nobody uses CD's anymore.

After all of the troubleshooting ( and I'm talking at least 4 full solid night and days ) of Googling/ DuckDuckGo, uninstalling, reinstalling, forget device/reconnect/ reboot etc....

The issue is completely on the Microsoft Windows 10 - because I'm certain the device worked on older versions available when product was manufactured. Can't test this - but that's my guess. Why are the support techs all so ignorant of their product? We all know how to Google, and I'm certain we all try many options before resorting to support techs. This is my first question here after all else has failed.

Thanks for any help.

Continue reading...