Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome

M

martynpoore

Hello guys,

Since the 23rd March I have been unable to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome. my now TV internet is still working correctly as my partners Apple Mac and both of our phones are still working. However, my laptop displays NO INTERNET connection with the yellow warning sign briefly when I turn on but then changes to internet access and all seems well. My emails are not connecting, windows update cannot connect or my hp support assistant will not load (along with the internet) which would suggest that I have no connection. upon opening a browser it try to open www.view-search.com (as it has before) but spins for a minute and then nothing. On the odd occasion it has opened google but will go no further than that. There is clearly some connectivity at times as once in a while (once a day at most my emails will update). I am a school teacher and remotely work on the desktop at times. This is connecting fine and I can browse the web once remotely working. However, once back on my desktop; nothing. I have removed bit defender as I wondered if it was this but this I have had for 6 months and had no problems before. I am now just running windows antivirus (installed on computer). I have run windows troubleshooting and sometimes get 'windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings' and began trying to fix this problem through googling proxy issues. I have tried the following:

reset TCP/ IP

Checked proxy settings inetcpl.cpl

uninstalled antivirus

tried restoring system to last update (this has not solved issue)

Performed an SFC scan

DISM scan

Reset internet settings

Restarted network adaptor

Enable DNS server address automatically

Changed proxy settings

Run network troubleshooter

None of this has fixed the problem and the troubleshooter is not even consistent with the 'proxy server' message. Sometimes it is saying that it cannot find a problem. I am stuck and extremely frustrated as this has occurred completely out of the blue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am running an HP 360 convertible with windows 10.

Regards,

Martyn

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom