Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices

L

LuckyFalkor84

Bluetooth dongle is detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices.

I click add device and then the Bluetooth option and it just spins, never displaying any devices to connect to.

troubleshooting assistant just says "yup, device is turned on".

The support assistant says that my system does support Bluetooth, it is indeed on and the drivers are not waiting for some sort of reboot.

Bluetooth settings in windows 10 says the device is turned on.

tried 2 different phones (iPhone and a S20) and a pair of wireless ear buds.

the Bluetooth dongle I am using is a Startech branded dongle, model USBBT2EDR4.

windows auto installed the drivers and device manager reports the driver version is Broadcom version 12.0.1.940.

I confirmed on the startech website that this is the latest driver version.

I am using windows 10, 1909 build and had checked for further updates already.

I have already done a lite reinstall of windows 10 (the one that doesn't wipe application and files).

I used to have the BlueSoleil 10 software installed but it was no longer serving the exact need which is to do hands free calling (it's not playing well with my headset), just thought I throw that out there.

just a disclaimer, I do work in an IT department as a tech for work, so I do know my way around a computer; no need to cater to a laymen.

if there are registry edits or powershell commands that might help, I am comfortable with looking into it.

please don't open with reboot computer, I have done so prior to opening this question a couple of times now.

thanks for any assistance I can get.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom