Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything.

A

AngelEyes123

I went to do a factory restore, and it was unable to complete the function. I only had a few things on there, so I was doing a complete clean of all documents. I followed all prompts and yet, after waiting for almost an hour, it would come back and say that it could not complete and that nothing had been changed.

I tried the repair your computer function as well as the diagnose your computer function. It came back as there was a missing installation file. That I would need to re-install windows 10.

I cannot find the disks that the computer came with...I don't think I made a backup of the system when I got it (second hand). So I came to this site to see what could be done.

I was led to download the multitool and create a USB boot disk. This I did. Everything seemed to be working fine. However, when I turned off the computer, inserted the USB and started the computer. That is when the main problems now begin.

The computer went through the initial start-up and stated that it was reinstalling windows. It would go through and get everything ready and then would act like it was installing and then stop about 1/2 way through the installation and go back to the beginning. This happened several times.

The answers in the forum stated that I wouldn't need the product key because I had home 10 initially installed on the computer and that was what I was trying to put on there.

It did not work...put my old windows into a "windows.old: file somewhere I guess. Stated that I was now under windows2 or something like that.

However, it would not completely install and now my working, but slow computer is not functioning at all.

I pulled the boot USB that I created for my laptop as a final try. I turned off the desktop and inserted this. The computer recognized it right away (still a base 10 home) and tried to boot from it. It would go extremely slowly but after an hour, and it stated that it was recovering my PC, it would go to the next step (I forget what it is called now) and get almost all the way to being finished only to say that it failed. Ran this one 3 times as well.

Please help. I HAD a working computer that I just wanted to reset to the factory settings. Now I have a large paperweight.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get my computer back?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom