How can I get Windows to boot?

L

Lukestar67

I upgraded my PC motherboard, processor and RAM yesterday. That all went smoothly. In this process, i got an m2 slot on my new motherboard, meaning i could put Windows on my SSD instead of my HDD and boot from it. I cloned Windows with Macrium Reflect onto the SSD, set the SSD as #1 in boot priority list, but it still booted from the HDD and there was a new "System Reserved" drive apparent files on it. I didnt care to lose my files as all my necessary ones are on online drives and i even tried to clean install windows and remove my files three times but it somehow apparently failed. Not knowing that the System Reserved drive had Windows on it, i removed it and restarted my computer. Although my hard drive should still have had Windows on it, it wont boot from it. I downloaded Windows media creation tool onto a USB, set it to boot from the USB but i get a blue screen saying there was a problem and that it will restart itself, but it instead just turns off. I can't seem to get the troubleshooting screen up to restore a previous version or open command prompt up. I have an MSI Gaming Plus Max, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, 1TB HDD, M2 970 EVO Plus 500gb SSD if any of that matters. How can i get Windows back on my computer? Should I try burning it onto a disc instead of using a USB, or would it most likely make no difference?

Continue reading...