Laptop Screen goes black when Screen Mirroring to wireless TV

J

JimP2829

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5080 with the latest windows 10 updates. I also have a Samsung smart TV LED 40. I also have a Samsung monitor connected to my laptop through HDMI. I do not have chromecast or a doggel of any sort.

On a couple of occasions I have been able to get my TV to stream video content so I know it is possible.

I have at least 2 problems.

1). Both my laptop screen and HDMI monitor go black when I connect the TV on Screen mirroring. I do this by selecting the windows key and P together and selecting a projection mode and then connecting to my my TV through the wireless display option. I have tried both Extend and Duplicate as well as 1 only & 2 only and the problem happens in all situations. I have connected while a video was running and it has transferred sometimes with sound and sometimes in an old TV format not 16:9

2). My other problem is most times the only picture moving across is my initial opening screen without the program icons. The laptop screen seems to always go black and sometimes the HDMI screen goes black. In some circumstances when I try different projection modes the HDMI sceen will have the same picture as the TV but it is my welcome screen without the icons. I can move my mouse to the HDMI screen but cannot select options.

Are there any solutions?

Continue reading...