File Explorer keeps consistently freezing up laptop when trying to upload or download files?

A

angelaw_01

I've been using my Surface Book 2 for about a year however in the past few months I've had this problem come up randomly.

Sometime's when I try to upload or download files from Chrome, the file explorer tab that pops up fails to load anything (remains blank) and consequently freezes. This in turn freezes my Chrome as well. Then when I try to access task manager, task manager also stops responding. It's also shows 100% for CPU utilization. Basically, my entire computer except for my taskbar and certain applications I have pinned are still accessible. My browser however, turns completely unresponsive and can't close nor minimize.

The only temporary solution I've found is when I restart the laptop (just regularly through start), everything goes back to normal and somehow I'm able to upload/download files. BUT, the issue will still randomly pop up... sometime's file explorer doesn't freeze, other time's it will... which is so frustrating. Also to note, file explorer only stops responding when I try to upload or download files, though I realized that the browser I use doesn't matter as the issue still occurred when I switched to another e.g. AVG Secure Browser.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom