Problems Factory Resetting PC

R

ross_Leung

First off, lets get what I've tried out of the way.

these are all the problems I encountered whilst trying to solve my issue

I would like to clarify, some of these changes were supposed to help allow the reset process to work (e.g., most of the CMD commands), but some were also to get other programs/files to work that might in turn AID in restoring the reset process (e.g., Windows 10 Installation in an attempt to fix troubleshooting, and restore any potentially missing files.) In other words, some were direct attempts, and some were indirect.

- Trying to update windows through the 'Windows Update' in settings does NOT work, reaches 80% downloaded, then prompted with: There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0x80070032'

- Under Recovery, Get Started>Keep my files>next>reset> ...then after a while: 'There was a problem resetting your PC No changes were made.'

- Under Recovery, Get Started>Remove everything>just remove my files>reset> ...then after a while: 'There was a problem resetting your PC No changes were made.'

- Tried 'cd %windir%\system32\config' + 'ren system system.001' + 'ren software software.001', to no avail.

- 'sfc /scannow' gets to 'Verification 57% complete.' and then stops there and provides the prompt: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

- 'chkdsk c:' can be ran, but it leads to: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required.

- 'dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth' gets to 5.5% complete, before the prompt(s): 'Error: 1392' + 'The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

- 'dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' gets to 4.5% complete, before the same prompts from above appear.

- 'dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup' gets to 100% complete, with the prompt: 'The operation completed successfully.

- I've tried disabling and enabling reagentc, (e.g., 'reagentc /disable' AND 'reagentc /enable') to no avail.

- Tried downloading the latest supported Visual C++ downloads, nothing.

- NONE of my troubleshooting programs open, I'm prompted with: C:WINDOWS\system32\ATL.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

- Trying to open MSCONFIG also gives me that prompt^

- after installing Windows 10 Installation Media (MediaCreationTool1909), the file doesn't open in my c: drive OR in an external USB, prompted this message: There was a problem starting Setup. Close the tool, restart your PC, and then try running the tool again'

- Windows Defender Security Center's virus and threat protection scan found 0 out of 1008577 files scanned.

- I've tried disabling Windows Firewall and deleted Malwarebytes. no luck.

- I have no system restores.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it so difficult to reset my computer? >.<

I couldn't find a solution after countless hours of searching online, so I post this question hoping to get one.

I also hypothesize that i'm perhaps missing ONE CORE file which is linked to the functionality of Windows 10.

I hope I provided adequate information, and please please help me.

thanks,

Ross Leung

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom