Windows 10 froze my Windows 7 Pro x64 Desktop now system is not loading any OS via USB or CDVDROM

Z

Zenhow

Hi.

I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and did so by the 'Online' method because it said 'click here', but below is also one to download the Media Creation Tool...because I did the online method, MS has messed up my perfectly working New - Old stock system - it is rendered useless now.

I cannot load windows 7 Pro x64 back using my Licenced disk, I cannot get Windows 10 to install using both methods of .iso and using the USB straight out as a Windows 10 disk.

I tried Rufus and nothing. I formatted two separate HDD SATA drives both 500 GB, one is Seagate Barracuda and the other is a Western Digital Caviar Blue. The Seagate is new even though build back in 2012, so is this system, I built it and put it away until about 6 months ago and used it very little...just for music.

Now, after 8 days and talking with Asus techs who were vague on what to do and how to do things - which did not work either.

After many attempts to use Rufus, pull everything out and put back in one at a time, updated BIOS, set Ai Tweaker (Asus M5A98X Evo ver. 1.01) to manual and SATA Ports 5/6 to IDE (for HDD and CDVDROM) 'manual states to do so when loading a OS'.

Top forums - no one can explain and only come up with computer is stuck in GPT - need to get back to MBR? I did what they said using Rufus and making changes to the BIOS and 'their' theories did not work.

Thus, I am asking for Microsoft to step up and help me please as this is not my fault essentially. Whatever the download to 17% did and locked at that progress, left me to restart after 2 hours of waiting.

Now, I am out $800 as my system is rendered useless and I am pretty mad at the time I wasted trying to fix something that should have never happened when a huge company should of had the final files that work...

By the way, this is a EUFI, there is no way to get this into Legacy EFI at all...see the manual please and you will see. People keep talking about changing what I do not know from GPT to MBR as this is why I cannot load any OS via USB or CDVDROM. My HDD's are formatted and checked with Disk Management (the thorough method/not the quick way). They get a drive letter and marked ready with a volume label. Please help guys...not fair to have this happen when I spend money on your products in the last 25 year of my computer using life.

My system is this:

[Product Information]

Product Type : Motherboard

Product Model : M5A99X EVO

Product S/N : BBM0AC217822

Operation System / Firmware or BIOS version: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ver. 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

[Graphics Card Vendor/model/Chipset/Driver]

ATI Radeon HD 4600 (512 MB) Asus brand 98CDAC222249 B866PI Rev 1.0

[CPU vendor/processor number]

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

[Memory vendor/model/specification]

Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (16 gig Total) 9-9-9-24 1600 Mhz

[Others]

Seagate 500 GB HDD SATA; CD-ROM TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AL

[Problem Description]

Subject:Failed Windows 10 Upgrade BIOS stuck in GPT

Hi. I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 finally and I did not use the Media Creation Tool but the online (which may be why I am have this issue). The download froze at 17%, I waited 4 hours, then hit 'reset'. Now my system will not read the Windows 7 Pro x64 disk or load it it freezes, same with trying the Media Creation Tool via USB (I tried using USB slots front and back). Took apart all components, battery out for 15 min, jumped the CMOS for 15 seconds, pulled power cables off, unplugged, GPU Card out many times. Formatted the HDD with my Windows7 Home Premium Desktop (NTFS, with label and it's healthy). I tried booting first with 1 stick of RAM, then 2, then 4, then put the GPU back in - BEEP codes were 1 short, 3 fast, then small pause then 1 short - so 5 in all, then I put the HDD and got one loud beep and the Press F1 screen comes on to go into BIOS. I tried many ways to set the Boot sequence to read USB or CD-ROM First (not the HDD as it is formatted). Someone is saying this system is stuck in GPT and I need to get it back to Legacy? This does not have an option for Legacy EFI one guy said. It this board even Windows 10 compatible? My issue is I cannot load either Windows 10 (USB media creation tool) or Win 7 pro x64 (OEM disk). Thank you for any help...I have the MoBo disk. Oh, I tried and got into FreeDOS but I really do not know what to type like 'diskpart'. Please help!!

Help me out please I need this system to work again - it is above what I know today in repair...

Thank you kindly,

Richard M.

Continue reading...