BSOD Code Critical Process Died

J

JoelEccles1

Hello, starting suddenly just about a week or so ago I have had issues with my computer crashing, mainly when starting Steam or installing Nvidia drivers or Nvidia Experience. When my computer restarts, it says that there is no OS found, and I have to restart and select my boot drive manually. I have browsed many community forums looking for methods to fix this, and I've tried all of them as far as I know, even doing a fresh install of Windows 10. At one point, I tried putting my drives into IDE mode in the BIOS, both in the "SATA Configuration" tab, and in "Marvell Storage Configuration" in "Onboard devices" After that, and updating my graphics card drivers, the frequency of crashes decreased substantially, and I was able to start up Steam and other programs without crashing. However, after switching to IDE mode (from AHCI, which is what it was set to as long as I've had this computer), the overall speed of my computer decreased by about three times, and would sometimes take up to 30 seconds just to open Mozilla. After restarting my computer, still in IDE, the time to start programs decreased significantly, but were still way slower than how they were in AHCI (almost instant). Could this be a problem with hardware such as my drives, am I doing something wrong, or is there another issue?

My system specs are:

MB: Asus P8Z68 Pro Gen 3

CPU: i7 2600k (OC'd to 4.2GHz)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC

Boot Drive: 240GB Drevo SSD

Storage Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM HDD

RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

PSU: EVGA Gold 750W 80+

Continue reading...