"Check Your Backup" There was a failure in creating a directory on the back up storage location. Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unrea

H

heybabe1304

Each week I perform a backup & system image of files from my laptop to an external h/drive with a larger capacity. The device is never moved from my desk, so it's never bumped / knocked, etc.

I've been using the external h/drive with no issue for the past few years, my files are always accessible, and fortunately I've not needed to use them to restore anything.

The last few weeks however, I've not been able to run my W7 version of the back-up software available on W10 (never been a fan of the W10 version as its not as easy to follow).

Originally i though there was a problem with the external h/drive checked properties and error checking but it didn't find anything, so thought it was okay; ran the back-up manually, it finished but with the above error shown in the above title.

The space on the external h/drive is not maxed out in any way, has more than 50% left available.

I'm not in IT, and am quite 'green' when problems happen. Any helpful suggestions you can offer, I would be most grateful.

NB - pls don't recommend i send my files into the cloud; i'm not there yet when it comes to it's safety'n'security.

5a039ca2-9183-43aa-b1c7-06c7e2c9e478?upload=true.png

89cc6c6c-cf84-4e8a-b419-1c9b87e9f05a?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom