How is OneDrive connected to Microsoft ID and Where my data goes if I unlink the OneDrive or Delete Microsoft ID

S

SophieAngele

Hello. I have realised that all my documents are saved on OneDrive (my documents are around 700 GB).

1. Since my data are all stored on OneDrive (in this link C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\DocumentsI ) I suppose that when I save a file it is automatically stored on OneDrive but do at the same time by default are also stored on hard disk C ? If not, is there such an option to do so?

2. If I delete my Microsoft ID will my OneDrive and all the data stored there be gone/lost? I mean how are the two connected? Is OneDrive part of Microsoft ID?

3. Must I first copy the data (which are currently stored on my OneDrive) on my harddisk before I unlink OneDrive (so that I do not loose them)?

4. I found an article by Microsoft that says: “You won't lose files or data by disabling or uninstalling OneDrive on your computer. You can always access your files by signing in to OneDrive.com” (Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.) But when I visit this link it does not contain all of my 700 GB data (in this online link it says that 42KB are used out of 5GB), so where are my data stored? Thank you

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom