How do I get Windows Defender to stop McAfee and Norton from taking over a website I'm viewing?

• Thread starter Need_Help_with Windows
  • Start date
N

Need_Help_with Windows

Situation: I am searching through websites, like Zillow. I am searching through homes on the website and it'll freeze. Either McAfee or Norton display and say my subscription is expiring and click on the link to renew. I never had McAfee or Norton on my computer. My computer came with Windows Defender installed. McAfee and Norton are not pop ups - they take over the entire page. The website I was viewing disappears. There is no 'X' to check since it's not a pop up. If I click the back button it does not relink to the website I was just on. Instead, I would need to go back to bing and search for it all over again. I've tried restarting my computer, but it does not solve the issue. I opened Windows Defender and ran the virus scan, it completed and does not show any threats. I also make sure my popup blocker is on - it is. I go back to another website, start searching through their products, again the screen freezes, then either McAfee or Norton take over the page.

Why isn't my Windows Defender stopping this from happening?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom